TARC Starter Set 2022
- In stock items ship within 1 business day; customization may delay by 3 business days
New TARC rules for the 2021-2022 season! Key changes include dual horizontal egg payload, motor and payload housed in different diameter tubes, a target altitude of 835 ft, and a 41-44 second flight time target, recovering both parts together using "any safe means." Practically speaking, this means you need a payload bay larger than BT-70, and you'll need a transition between the different tube diameters.
We're still finalizing the starter set contents, but we're pleased to announce we're in final flight testing of our 3D printed transition that features altimeter vent holes and an internal altimeter sled you can access without opening your payload bay. We also have new flexible foam egg protectors to support the dual horizontal egg payload requirement. Both the transition and the flexible foam egg protector and flexible foam nose cone are available in BT-80 (66mm / 2.6 inch) or 3 inch (76mm) sizes from a BT-70 (56mm / 2.2 inch) airframe diameter. We've also developed 3D printed rail guides that provide adequate stand-off from the BT-70 airframe to clear the BT-80 or 3 inch payload bay.
This box of parts includes all the parts you'll need (and then some!) to build your first 2 TARC rockets for the 2022 TARC season. Combine this starter set with Rocketry Works' TARC Toolkit, and you'll be up and building in no time. You can choose the diameter payload bay you want--either 66 mm / 2.6 inch (BT-80) or 76mm / 3 inch. The BT-80 payload bay will fit 2 eggs horizontally, stacked on top of each other, but the 3 inch diameter provides more lateral padding for the payload.
Here's what we anticipate shipping in the box:
- 2 x 17 inch long BT-70 Slotted Airframe Tube
- 2 x 17 inch long BT-80 Payload Tube
- 2 x 17 inch long 29mm Motor Tube
- 2 x 3D Printed ABS BT-70 to BT-80 Transition with Avionics Bay
- 2 x BT-80 Plywood Bulkhead
- 2 x 29mm - BT-70 Centering Ring Pairs (2 rings each)
- 2 x Trapezoidal Plywood Fins (3 fins each)
- 2 x Flexible Foam Nose Cone with Altimeter Bay and Vent Protection
- 2 x BT-80 Flexible Foam Dual Horizontal Egg Protectors
- 2 x 3D Printed 1010 Stand-off Conformal Rail Guide Pair BT-70 to BT-80
- 2 x 24mm - 29mm 3D Printed Motor Adapter
- 2 x 29mm 3D Printed Motor Retainer
- 30 x Feet of 500 lb Kevlar Braided Shock Cord
- 1 x 18 inch Nylon Parachute
- 1 x 24 inch Nylon Parachute
- 1 x 30 inch Nylon Parachute
- 1 x Sheet Each of 3 grits of sandpaper: 80 grit, 120 grit, 220 grit
- 1 x Bag of Dog Barf recovery wadding